Most of us live in a city or rural area with hard water, it’s more common than uncommon. Over time, you will see the affects of these minerals in your water, and it’s not pretty. Dry hair and skin, and residue left on dishes are just two affects of hard water.
There are a wide range of water softeners and price ranges to choose from. From as little as $400 to more than $10,000. You have a lot of choices. In the end, choose a system that fits your needs and your budget and don’t be swayed by information that does not fit your needs and your budget.
Some things to consider:
- What size of water softener do you need? Take into account how much water needs to be softened (based on the size of your family), how large your home is, and how hard the water is.
- How long do you want your water softener to last? What kind of warranty do you want?
- There is a vast difference in the quality of the water softeners on the market. Some have cheaper components, and of course, will not last as long. Get the best you can afford for the best value.
- You can have a water analysis done to determine what is in your water, if you wish. However, the city where you live should also be able to provide this information.
- You can certainly install a water softener yourself, but you can never underestimate the value of having a professional installation. Factor this into the overall cost of your water softener.